Saturday, November 14, 2009

Could you please?

I need to ask ya'll for a favor. You know, the 5 people that read this blog? Can you help a sister out? I am really struggling with something and I am a total believer in the power of prayer, so I am reaching out to you guys.

I received this wonderful gift via C-section on July 16th. I am thankful for this gift every single day!
I also received this "wonderful" gift via C-section---this gift, not so thankful for. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/mrsa/DS00735
This. MRSA. Staph Infection. A very scary infection that without treatment can kill you. I found out I had MRSA about a month ago when I found a lump in my armpit. I thought it was a infected lymph node, or an ingrown hair. Turns out, it was staph infection, and that is how staph shows itself. These annoying bumps show on different parts of your body. Mine chooses to show itself in my armpit. I had it lanced, took antibiotics, bathed in Clorox stuff and thought it was all better. I knew I would live with this for the rest of my life, but I didn't know it would be so...bad. A few weeks later, I found TWO more bumps and one more on its way. I headed straight back to the doctor and was put on two new antibiotics, a nose treatment, a ointment for my bumps and a hibiclens bath for 7 days. I really thought this time it was over.
But no. Just yesterday I found another lump, meaning I am going to have to start another round of antibiotics and cleaning. I am just discouraged. I really wanted this to be over, or at least done for now.
I get so worried about little LC. I don't want her to get my staff infection and have to live with this too. I also worry that someday it won't show itself in my armpit and not show itself anywhere except internally and I won't know about it.
So, I am asking for prayer. I am prayer specific and while I know this is an infection I will always live with, I am asking that it keep at bay for awhile. I also pray that I never spread it to LC or Scott. Please just pray it stays away so I can feel better again. Thank you in advance... it means so much to me to have friends in Christ!

3 comments:

~MGF said...

Yes, I will place your name on my prayer sheet and lift you up (and family)each night as I specifically pray to our Heavenly Father. I will also say your name out loud to the Lord during the day and he will know why.

Take care and keep us informed.

Jessica said...

Oh, I hate to hear about this. Definitely praying for you guys!

D said...

I am so sorry you're going through this! As if we mommies don't have enough to worry about. MAJOR t's and p's for you and your family!