Sunday, August 8, 2010

Toddler Time.

So.... my sweet little baby is now ONE. One. as is a whole year gone by. And in this year, I have grown as a person, as a mommy. Grown in my attitude, grown in my love, and grown in my faith. I have worried, cried, laughed, and worried more, but overall... this has been the best year of my life. How in the world did I live my boring life without Lucy?


We celebrated her first birthday with a cupcake themed party here at our house. She got way to many presents and is already so blessed in the friendship department. I love all my mommy friends and I love all my regular friends. They each bring something so great to Lucy's life... and mine!


Lucy and I on her birthday. We celebrated at a local mexican restaurant. Yum! They came and sang to her... which she hated! She loves to hug her babies. She says "aww" and pats them on the back. I love this! I so wanted her to have babies and love them! Libby is the new baby she got from her daddy and I with a new baby stroller.
Lucy's birthday party. So, the kid freaked out when we all started singing and then would not eat her smash cake her Nana made her. She finally got to enjoy it when the party was over! All of Lucy's friends. We are so lucky to have these children in our lives! I used to babysit the two oldest children on the left back. I kept them since they were babies. Makes me sad to see them so grown up!
My table decorations. Lucy's Nana (my MIL) made all the cupcakes. She used to own a bakery and all her cakes are amazing. So glad she could make them for us!
As for Lucy being one year now, here are some of her highlights!
  • You weigh 21 pounds.
  • You are 31 inches long.
  • You are almost completely off the bottle. She takes a night bottle, but lately, she doesn't want it so it's really almost a waste!
  • You love stuffed animals and babies!
  • Gammy and Papa (my parents) bought you a kitchen center that you love. You play and cook all day!
  • They also bought you a picnic table. You eat breakfast and lunch there. You look sooooo cute when you sit there!
  • You can say mama, dada, bye, yeah, no, star, what's that, and you know four animal sounds. My personal favorite is the lion. You roar so loud! You know a cat, dog, lion and a cow. We are working on a pig and a duck!
  • You run. No walking. Full on go. You strut. You swing one arm out when you walk. so funny! You also do a beauty pageant wave when you walk by people.
  • You are wearing a 12 month clothing.
  • You dance. Omg, it is so funny. You get to going and I can't stop laughing!
  • You push anything when you walk. Chairs, tables, anything that can move does.
  • You love to swim and take a bath.
  • You give the best kisses.
  • When I dress you in the morning I hold you up to the mirror and tell you how pretty you are. You pat your chest and say "awww." So cute!
  • You will hold my hand when we walk. love it.
  • You sleep from 8:30 till 8. Now that school started you are getting up earlier.
  • You take 2 naps a day, morning and afternoon.
  • You can put away some food!
  • You love your daddy. When he comes home, you like to "show off" and instead of running to him, you take things to show him, like you are so proud of your stuff.
  • I made a great decision to not send you to daycare. I just couldn't do it. Gammy Camp is back in full swing! You love going to my parents house. You act like you own the place (and you pretty much do!) You love Maize. You love Sisterbeth. Gosh, you love her. You hugged her for the longest time tonight.
    She is such a special aunt and she loves you so much. You adore Papa, and you LOVE spending time farming with Gammy. She takes such good care of you and teaches you so much while Mommy is at work. It makes my day so much easier knowing you are taken care of by my mom!
  • Your godmomma b and auntie c bought you a little blue box for your birthday. It was the sweetest "L" charm. Made me mad because I want a Tiffany box!
  • You are growing much too fast. Slow down little one!
  • I LOVE YOU!

1 comment:

I'm Jamie said...

What a cute theme for a cute little lady!
Who doesn't love cupcakes?!
Happy First Birthday!!