Monday, August 17, 2009

One month!

Lucy Clare--- You are one month old today! My, how you have grown!
What are you up to these days?
(This wonderful idea was taken from Kelly at kellyskornerblog. She is an amazing Christian mother! I love reading about both her and her sweet baby girl!)



  • You are sleeping 4 hours at a time at night, sometimes more!

  • You have begun to focus on things.

  • You do not like to sleep on your back. You like your side (like your momma!) or you will only sleep in your bouncy seat.

  • You are drinking 4 oz of formula every 3 to 4 hours.

  • At our last appointment, you weighed 9.7 pounds!

  • You wear a size 1 diaper.

  • You are slowly growing out of your newborn clothes, but size 3 months are still too big on you!

  • We had a problem with you spitting up too much and it coming out of your nose, but we have found bottles that are stopping that!

  • You love to take a bath! Daddy and I have a great routine for bathtime! Daddy gets it ready while I get you ready. We both bathe you and talk to you! Then, mommy takes you to get dressed and Daddy fixes your bottle. You love it!

  • Mommy feeds you after bathtime. I have made a CD of songs and I sing to you while I feed you.

  • My song to you is " Make you feel my Love" by Bob Dylan (but we like the Adele version).

  • Daddy calls you his little "sugar plum" and you love it!

  • You are such a good girl when we go out in public! You are such a happy baby!

  • Everyone thinks you are so gorgeous! (and you are!)

  • We bought you an exercise mat and you like to lay there and talk to the lion and the bear. You hit them with your fists and get so excited!

  • You have your Papa wrapped around your finger. He is a changed man!

  • Your hair is growing longer everyday. It is still a little red to me, but sometimes it looks dark brown.

  • You like to suck on your passy when you get tired.

  • Mommy has a special way to hold you to make you stop crying. Works every time!
  • You have rolled over from your belly to your back two times! I can't catch you doing it though!
  • You have stayed with your Gammy and Big D so Mommy and Daddy can go eat or shopping. The dogs love you when you come over.

Daddy and I love you very much and we thank God everyday for His blessing! We are so complete with you in our lives! Happy one month birthday, baby!

3 comments:

bc said...

So precious, Nikki!!

Cindy Lou said...

Such a sweet baby! I am new to your blog and really enjoyed it! I found you from Kelly's Korner! Have a great day and maybe you wouldn't mind giving me a visit! Thanks and May God Bless you and your family!

I'm Jamie said...

What a cutie-pie!
P.S. I love the print/color of your bumper!