Sunday, April 11, 2010

I ♥ blogs.

I read a lot of blogs. I like them. I like the window they open up into random people's worlds. I like to read other mommy's blogs, crafty blogs, blogs that teach me more about the Lord. I sit at night and will literally have like 10 pages opened up on my screen going from one blog to the next. I read happy blogs, but a lot of times, I read sad blogs. Blogs of mommies who have buried their children, blogs of parents struggling with sick children. and it hurts my heart. I have cried many tears as I watch these ladies struggle to put their lives back together after a loss, or during crisis. I have prayed unceasingly for these same woman. I pray the same list of children each night, and thanked Him in return for what He continues to do for them. It makes my life much more precious. Helps me see that I need not take things for granted. But it doesn't make the ache any easier. But it does help me believe the God is faithful.
I will never forget a blog from a girl in Arkansas who lost her beautiful little girl. I remember I was pregnant at the same time as she was. I was praying so hard that God would answer prayer in the way we earthly people wanted. And not long after I got home with my little girl, she lost hers. I remember crying such wailing tears all over my newborn child's head. I broke for her. And I have watched (or should I say read) this same woman throw herself at the feet of God and her faith... her faith is such testimony to our Lord and Savior.
It is amazing how the Lord uses people who we will never meet for His glory. How is the grand scheme of things, I am sure this girl never thought that a) she would be burying her child or b) that her life would impact so many people.

How I hope that I bring a sense of the Lord to this world. I want others to see God's glory. Even in my silly little blog about my family, I hope that it will shine my love for the Lord.

Be ever grateful for what you have. I know there are days when LC is being fussy or having a "bad" day, and I get so frustrated... and then I remember.... I have her. And it totally changes my thinking and I stop and pray over her right then.

Thank you, Lord, for what I have. Please never let me lose sight of that. Thank you for technology where Your word can be spread to many.

I know my mom would say me reading these blogs will help and hurt me. I freak out at the smallest thing. I am forbidden (ha!) from google-ing things. The Internet is my blessing and my curse!

I don't know why I even wrote a post about this tonight. I guess I just wanted to convey my thoughts on how I love reading blogs!

I will end on a happy note..my sweet baby girl will be 9 months old this week! Oh my, how time is going by so fast! She is a crawling, talking, eating machine! I look forward to her doctors appointment to see how much she weighs! And another happy note, my best friend welcomed her (huge) baby boy this week into the world! Cole was born Monday and weighed in at 10 pounds, 2 ounces! He is happy, healthy, and so beautiful! God is good!
Have a wonderful week. I promise my next post will have pictures of my baby girl! I know that's what you really want to see anyway!


Dear friend, you are faithful in what you are doing for the brothers, even though they are strangers to you.
3 John 1:5

1 comment:

I'm Jamie said...

Hi Nikki,

I love this post... it is a great reminder of what I, as a Christian, am here for. God's plan for His children is to bring others into His glory. And hey, maybe our "silly little blog[s]" are the perfect avenue for showing all of His wonderous gifts!

I somehow took forever in passing along the Stiletto award, but am hoping it will be up by the end of the evening (*fingers crossed*). Thank you again. And thank you for inviting me to witness your walk through your blog ;)