Tuesday, April 26, 2011

I love this!



When Lucy was first born I would make up songs about her. I still do this (what can I say? I love to sing! Scott gets a little tired of the constant musicals that occur around our house!) One song I made up was to a little tune I made up one my own, but these are the words:






This is my baby, this is my girl,



when she is older,



I'll give her a curl.



(you know, like curl her hair for her)









This is my baby, this is my girl,



when she is older,



I'll give her a pearl.



(this one's pretty self explanatory)






This is my baby, this is my girl......



when she is older,



I'll even let her twirl!



(I don't know. It rhymed. I twirled when I was little. It makes sense to me.)






On the last verse, you really have to get down with the "twirl" part... I mean, really hold it out and shake your voice. Anyway, I do love this baby. She makes me laugh and smile and cry at the same time. She is such a blessing, even when she won't let me get her dressed and is screaming "NO WAY!" at the top of her lungs, or throwing whatever she doesn't want all over the floor. Yep, she's my sweet little blessing!






1 comment:

I'm Jamie said...

This is so cute! We're big on making up silly songs around here, too, and as much as husbands can *pretend* to tire of them, I think deep down they love the sweetness ;)