Saturday, April 23, 2011

our fun day

It has been extremely hot here in the south, so Lucy and I decided to take our party outside today. We began by dyeing our "Eee-ter" eggs which she loved. We had so many teachable moments doing this! Not only did we discuss our colors, but we used vocabulary like "gentle" and "easy" when we put the eggs in the dye and words like "spill" when we messed up! I love being able to teach my child. So many of my classroom children through the years have lacked the skills that parents should be responsible for! Oh...let me jump off this soapbox and get back to my sweet girl. So we dyed our Easter Eggs and then I pulled out a 2 dollar sprinkler we picked up at Lowes the other day. This was an experience! I had to show her a few times how to run in the sprinkler so I was soaking wet when we were done! It was so worth it. We worked up our appetite so we headed in for a "nack"



These are the days I cherish with her. Just enjoying each other's company and marveling at the creation of the Father!




Eggs. and a cheesy smile!


She had to get the water on the "bug" on her bathing suit!


I hope that each of you have a joyous Easter season. We as Catholics believe that the Easter season starts tomorrow and lasts for 50 days ending on Pentecost. So, have a wonderful Easter Season! Blessings to you!


Sweet smile as she runs the sprinkler!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Nikki those are such precious pics of Lucy....enjoy every moment of her childhood!

kristen said...

How precious! Love the vocab lesson! Owen used to say "nack"...oh I miss those days already! Happy Easter Season to you too!