Saturday, March 27, 2010

Remember when?

I was looking over my blog and thought to myself.. man, I wonder what I was doing a year ago. March 2009. What was my life like then? I can hardly remember life without spit-up, diapers, and huge hairbows, but I know I used to be the fun, karaoke singin, "Yeah" dance-routine'n, sleep all day kinda girl. Nope. That wasn't me. (well, yes I was at one time, but not last March. Up until November of 08 I was.. and man, was it fun.) A year ago, I was pregnant. and on March 26th of 2009, I made a list of my top five favorite things about being pregnant.









I have been mentally making a list of all the thing I love about being pregnant in my head for awhile. So here it is... my top five favorite things about being Prego.


5. Seeing other pregnant women on the street gives you a real reason to stare at their belly. First for a little moment of "whooo.... I'm glad I'm not that big" to "I wonder how far long she is." I do love this. It's my license to stare card. And she in return doesn't look at me like a stalker. She's probably thinking the same dang thing about me.


4. Stretchy pants. Good God. How have I lived my whole life not wearing stretchy pants? I can bend over without a button cutting into my navel. I can breath when I sit down (except on the days my undies roll down with the belly.) I just think these stretchy belly pants are a fab way to feel pretty!


3. My 20 pound weight loss. I know. I break the rules with this. But when that stick said "pregnant" I vowed to change my eating habits. I figured my baby needed to be smart (you know with a teacher mom and all) so I started eating fresh fruits and veggies. Now losing that glass of wine can't hurt either, and you won't see me eating nothing but good stuff, but I did change alot about how I ate. I still crave hot wings and strawberry milkshakes, but for the most part, I will take real strawberries over the milkshake any day.


2. The cutest dang clothes for her. I am glad I am teaching after school tutorial. That money has come in handy. I have done really well with just cheap stuff. And people that say"you will not want to spend on yourself anymore" don't know me. I buy for her, I buy for me. We both have to look good, right? Poor Scott.


1. And the last reason I like being prego... no, its not all the attention, or the free pass to be gassy, or the excuse to be really lazy, it's just the fact at how it has changed Scott and I already. Before, it wouldn't bother me to go out without him or spend time with my friends when he was home, but now... I look forward to the time we have by ourselves. I know it is going by fast, this time it is just Nikki and Scott, and I want to savor it all I can. I want Lucy Clare in the most loving environment. I want her to feel the love between the two of us.


So, this was no David Letterman countdown, but I do love being pregnant. I can't wait to hold sweet Lucy Clare in my arms for the first time. She is going to be one spoiled girl, just like her momma.



I cannot believe a year has already gone by. For almost 9 months I have been the mother to the most amazing, wonderful, precious baby girl. She is growing before my eyes, and I can't stop it! I look back on my #1 thing I loved about being pregnant and it almost brings me to tears. Scott and I have changed completely as a couple. I see him in such a different way now. He is such a generous, loving father to Lucy, and so patient and loving with me. I asked him the other day about the day she was born and how he felt. He said he looked at her and thought.. "now what do I do!?" He was so nervous and scared, but he has turned into the most amazing father. I love him more and more each day. She is the light of our lives.


As I lift her up in prayer each night in her crib, I feel like God must laugh at me (in a nice God-ly kinda way) when I ask Him if He just knows how much I love her! While I know He does know how much I love her, I know His love for the both of us is so much more powerful, and that alone can bring me to tears.



"See how great a love the Father has bestowed on us, that we would be called children of God; and such we are!" 1 John 3:1

2 comments:

Courtney Butler said...

How great it is to be able to look back where you were a year ago to the journey that has taken you to today. God has blessed you with the most precious and loving baby! I am sure that He never gets tired of hearing your thanks for her. A big part of who you are becoming is credited to that sweet baby girl. I have seen change in you since you became pregnant. Where all those "fun" things used to be a top priority in your life they have become secondary to your family. How awesome for Lucy Clare to grow up in a home with loving parents. That is the best gift you and Scott could ever give her! Love you both :)

The Griffins said...

It's fun to think back huh? I was doing that this past weekend...but I didn't LOVE being preggo...I didn't hate it either...it was just really hard...*details available upon request...haha.
Ps...you have a beautiful little girl...more pics.