Wednesday, February 24, 2010

“For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.”- Jeremiah 29:11-13



I have been struggling lately with my job as a teacher. I am a wonderful teacher, and I am not afraid to say that. I find something in each of my children that I love. I care. I teach hard. I expect success, but I understand failure. I go above and beyond. I want them to do their best and I tell them that. I sing, dance, jump around, laugh, and cut up with my kids. I mean business.

I also get tired.

And I have been these last few weeks. And I don't like it one bit. God called me to be a teacher. I want to do my best to fulfill this job, not just for my children, but for my Lord. It's a mix of things. From administration who is being pushed by their administration, to a new reading program, to children who just need and need to be loved, to my own things of being a new mother and a husband who travels.

I am trying to find that me again. Not the me that wants to say "I'm done." I am crying as I write this post... because I know this me that I have been for the last few weeks is not the me I am, and

I want her back.

So prayer, good friends, and loving on wonderful baby cheeks is slowly making me feel better. I read Jeremiah and found a verse I have always loved, but for some reason the verse that says "you will call upon me and come and pray to me and I will listen" just made me feel happy. I will call upon Him...

and I know He will listen.

1 comment:

The Griffins said...

I hear yah...my new year's ressie is to FIND the balance...it's hard. Thinking of you my dear.