Sunday, February 7, 2010

thankful

With so much pain and suffering in the world today, I started thinking about all the things I am thankful for in my life. While this list is just a small glimpse into the things I am thankful for, it touches on some of the most important!


  • Family.
  • A husband who loves me, even when I snap at him. And I love him, even when he wakes me from a really good nap just to tell me Zaxby's has fried pickles.
  • My amazing daughter.
  • Sweet kisses on the most delicious baby lips.
  • The fact that Lucy does not have to go to daycare right now. I am so appreciative that mom takes care of her so she can be spoiled by family.
  • Singing. especially wonderful praise and worship songs.
  • Sleeping through the night.
  • A home. Even though it is messy and covered in spit-up and puffs, it is still our home.
  • My job. I love my children. I am proud of my children. I could see myself doing nothing else but loving 19 first graders.
  • Laughing. and laughing so hard you cry. "I'm strokin!"
  • Reading blogs that make a difference.
  • Reading blogs that make you appreciate things.
  • Friends. You know, friends you can count on. Friends who laugh with you, hurt with you, share joy with you.
  • PraiseBaby and the Jumperoo. 30 minutes of time for mommy to get work done!
  • Time off.
  • A nice cold bed with a cold pillow.
  • No bus duty.
  • New pencils, notebooks... really all school supplies. Office Depot is my secret crack.
  • Zumba.
  • "now, let me ask you this."
  • Parents who love me, but really love my kid. Watching them with LC is so fun. Knowing they think I am doing a good job as a mom means the most though.
  • A really good book that makes you think.
  • Prayers that get answered in ways you didn't think they would.
  • Prayers that get answered in ways you prayed they would!
  • Healthy babies.
  • Icee's
  • Knowing you are loved. and being able to feel it.
  • 4 years with the same man and it still feels like I just met him. (oh, the carefree days of karaoke!)
  • Watching my husband be a father.
  • Road trips.
  • Hashbrown casserole.
  • Knowing I am forgiven.
  • Asking for forgiveness.
  • Project Runway, Criminal Minds, SVU, Chopped.
  • Feet kicking, head bobbing, arms waving, laughing, happy baby.
  • People who think my kid is gorgeous.
  • People who love my kid.
  • Nicknames for my baby. "Sugar Plum, Doodlebugs, Lovie, Bootsie."
  • Pedicures
  • People who sing along at church.
  • Jesus.
  • Biblegateway.com
  • Watching Lucy crawl, eat, smile, poop. Pretty much watching her do anything.
  • A good nap in the middle of the day.

Give thanks to the LORD, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done.

~I Chronicles 16:8

1 comment:

Nan said...

What a good exercise! Thanks for sharing your thankful list.