Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas Joy.

Another Christmas has come and gone and this year it was incredibly fun with a 17 month old! She is quite the little sport these days. She speaks her own little language and goes to town with it! I'll be happy when someone else can understand her!
Christmas Eve is always a busy time in our house, and this year was no exception. I sing in the choir, so we got all dressed up to be at Mass early for practice. Mass was lovely this year. Lucy is well behaved in church which is such a blessing! The steel drums played and the children's choir joined us. I love the children's choir. They just bless my heart! I envision Lucy singing when she is older and it is so sweet to think of that! After Mass we went to my parents for our first ever Fondue Party. This was an idea I saw on someones blog and it just made me smile. I have two fondue pots from our wedding that have never been used. Mom and I did a little research and bam! Christmas Fondue was born. I loved it. We did a great job and I look forward to doing this every year.
Christmas morning Lucy woke at 6:30....which was a surprise because since I have been on vacation we have been sleeping until at least 8! She must have known something exciting was happening! Santa left presents and a sweet letter. She loved all her presents and had fun opening the few that we gave her. And.... on a total side note, my husband did a fantastic job this year for me...The one thing I care about name brand is my purse. I love name brand purses. I'll rock some Wal-mart bluejeans, but I want a good-stand-the-test-of-time purse. I've been carrying a Coach for about 4 years. I have 2 of them and trade them out often. I am also a huge Project Runway fan also and this year have fallen in love with Micheal Kors. So I've been asking (read: begging) for a MK bag. I knew they were too expensive so I set it aside for another day, but Christmas morning I opened a package and there was a beautiful black leather MK bag! Wooo!!!!!! I also got a Nookcolor which I have not been able to put down and it fits so wonderful in my MK bag!










I digress..... after we opened presents, my parents came over for breakfast. It was delicious! We opened presents with them, cleaned up, and Lucy and I crashed! We were so tired from our fun! After our nap, we headed to Scott's moms for late lunch, which was delish, and opened presents with her. After another nap, we went to MawMaw's for presents (Scott's grandmother) and stayed there and visited for awhile. We are so blessed and received way too much stuff. I got some amazing gifts from my parents (a necklace from mom I wear every day, and a bracelet with LC's birth date on it...pure love!)



We are blessed beyond belief and I thank God every day for the gift of my family. I pray that this new year will be as amazing as this past year has been! Thank you, Lord! I love you!

No comments: